If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Both red and white wine pair well with this simple bruschetta – one so laden with garlic that it seems to set your mouth on fire. It’s a simple dinner, but that doesn’t mean it’s a simplistic one. - Furey and the Feast
Serves 2 to 3
- French bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices and brushed with olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups Roma tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush bread slices with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bread is crispy and edges are browned. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, basil and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Serve on toast slices as a main course or snack.