Author Notes: I like to think of this as a gourmet Peace Corps meal: cheap, easy, nutritious, but gourmet-like delicious. - Loulies
Serves 4-6 as a side or 2 as a main course
- 4-5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- good olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup french green lentils, rinsed
- chicken or vegetable broth
- large bunch spinach, washed
- 1 jar cubed feta in oil and spices, drained
- juice from 1 lemon
- Saute garlic and onion with olive oil in heavy-bottomed pot. Add lentils and stir for one minute. Cover lentils (one-inch over) with broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook lentils until done. Add spinach, tossing until wilted. Add feta and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Serve warm or at room-temperature plain, or over brown or white rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe