Author Notes: This side dish has saved me on more then one occasion. It is fast, but has complex flavors. The earthy bitter flavor of the spinach compliments the saltiness of the olives and the sweetness of the raisins. I have even made this as a side dish for Thanksgiving. I usually have most of this stuff on hand, so it becomes my go-to side dish. - MyCommunalTable
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped finely
- 5 ounces box of washed baby spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Heat up a sauce pan over medium heat. Have lid that fits pan standing by.
- Heat up olive oil, then add chopped garlic. Cook garlic slightly.
- Add entire box of spinach in pan with lemon juice. Toss together. Put on lid and turn heat down to low.
- After just a few minutes, the spinach will be wilted. Remove from heat. Toss in raisins and olives.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with salt. It may not need it with the addition of the olives. I usually like a little more lemon juice.
- When serving, top with toasted pine nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe