If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I decided to come up with my own version of green eggs and ham as a little tribute to Carla, who SO should have won Top Chef! I knew I wanted to make the eggs green naturally, so I decided to whip the eggs together with spinach and basil until they were well incorporated in the food processor and then scramble them. I topped the eggs with a bit of crispy prosciutto for my ham component. I'm already looking forward to making this for our future kiddos one day! —Kerstin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto, choped
- 1/3 cup cooked chopped spinach
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet and sauté prosciutto 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove prosciutto from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, place spinach, basil, eggs, milk, and salt in a food processor and mix until well blended. Place eggs in the same pan the prosciutto was cooked in and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked, stirring frequently. Top scrambled eggs with crispy prosciutto. Makes 2 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.