Author Notes: I decided to come up with my own version of green eggs and ham as a little tribute to Carla, who SO should have won Top Chef! I knew I wanted to make the eggs green naturally, so I decided to whip the eggs together with spinach and basil until they were well incorporated in the food processor and then scramble them. I topped the eggs with a bit of crispy prosciutto for my ham component. I'm already looking forward to making this for our future kiddos one day! - Kerstin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto, choped
- 1/3 cup cooked chopped spinach
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet and sauté prosciutto 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove prosciutto from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, place spinach, basil, eggs, milk, and salt in a food processor and mix until well blended. Place eggs in the same pan the prosciutto was cooked in and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked, stirring frequently. Top scrambled eggs with crispy prosciutto. Makes 2 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe