If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Does anyone remember those silly commercials, "I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight"? Well instead of using the jar from the shelf I did my best to recreate those familiar flavors I remember as a child. - JennT1981
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless pork chops, trimmed and pocketed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 dash cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine, spinach, mozzarella, parmesan and mix thoroughly.
- Season chops with salt and pepper and stuff each evenly with spinach mixture.
- In a shallow dish combine, horseradish and mustard and stir to mix.
- Pour panko bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Carefully coat each side of the chops, first with the horseradish/mustard mix and second into the panko bread crumbs, until evenly coated.
- Place chops into a lightly greased baking dish and bake until golden and juices run clear, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add carrots and let cook about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next add garlic, shallot and sage and let cook another 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic and shallot.
- Deglaze pan with apple juice and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese.
- Let cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, until flavors have time to meld and sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Serve pan sauce over pork chops.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls