If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing fancy. That's the way my family likes it. This is an easy, but delicious dinner that will please everyone. - nannydeb
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder roast with bone
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- coarse sea salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-2 inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, chopped in 1-2 inch chunks
- 1.5 pounds small potatoes (I used Baby Dutch yellow potatoes)
- 1 bag frozen pearl onions (or you can blanch and peel fresh ones if you prefer)
- Slather the pork roast with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Let it sit for about 30 minutes to get to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the pork roast on a roasting rack, fat side up.
- Roast the pork for 35 minutes per pound or in this case about 2 1/2 hours.
- About 45 minutes before the end of the roasting time, place the chopped vegetables on the roasting pan and roast them until tender, stirring at least once during that time.
- Once the vegetables and roast are tender, remove them to a serving platter and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices over the roast and serve with some good crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roasted Pork Shoulder