Author Notes: Nothing fancy. That's the way my family likes it. This is an easy, but delicious dinner that will please everyone. - nannydeb
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder roast with bone
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- coarse sea salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-2 inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, chopped in 1-2 inch chunks
- 1.5 pounds small potatoes (I used Baby Dutch yellow potatoes)
- 1 bag frozen pearl onions (or you can blanch and peel fresh ones if you prefer)
- Slather the pork roast with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Let it sit for about 30 minutes to get to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the pork roast on a roasting rack, fat side up.
- Roast the pork for 35 minutes per pound or in this case about 2 1/2 hours.
- About 45 minutes before the end of the roasting time, place the chopped vegetables on the roasting pan and roast them until tender, stirring at least once during that time.
- Once the vegetables and roast are tender, remove them to a serving platter and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices over the roast and serve with some good crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roasted Pork Shoulder