If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When eggplant hits it's farmer's market peak, broccoli and corn are always close by, which this makes this the perfect late summer dish. Green curry and basil give these fresh veggies the spice they need to come together while cucumbers and tomotoes add crisp freshness. If you cannot find prepared green curry sauce, fresh curry paste (Mae Ploy is excellent) and coconut milk may be substituted. For this recipe use approx. 1 tablespoon curry paste and 1 cup coconut milk. —Chef James
- 2 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, split
- 2 kirby cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- thai basil, chopped
- 1 cup green curry sauce (Trader Joe's)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- olive oil
- 1 lime
- Combine the eggplant, broccoli and corn in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables into a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 450 until tender and slightly charred.
- Over medium high heat, brown the chicken in a skillet. Reduce the flame to low and add the green curry sauce. Bring to a simmer and adjust season to taste with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- When the vegetables are finished roasting, add them to the skillet mix thoroughly. Return the mixture to a simmer and stir in the chopped basil. Divide the mixture between 4 plates and garnish with the chopped tomatoes and cucumber.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Eggplant Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.