Author Notes: I spotted baby turnips at the farmers market and fell in love. This recipe would make Jamie Oliver and Michelle Obama proud — I reconstruct greasy school lunch “vegetable” into a healthier, tasty version with a golden-crust crunch and fun shape that kids will enjoy. - newRDcook
- 4 baby turnips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan of boiling water cook turnips 10 minutes and drain. When turnips are cool enough to handle, cut each into wedges.
- In a large skillet cook turnips in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until almost tender and golden on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Panko bread crumbs, mint, zest, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until turnips are tender, about 5 minutes. Plate and enjoy!