If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potatoes and mayonnaise are all well and good, but there's always room for something different, something vinegary. I must admit that I'm a bit of a tang lover; if it's got tang, it's got me. This salad is best served warm, soon after the potatoes are cooked which also helps spread the dressing around. - NakedBeet
- 2 pounds yellow potatotes
- 1 cup pitted and cut Sicilian or green olives (not the pimiento ones)
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons Nunez de Prado olive oil (or equivalent)
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks and boil them in salted water until they're fork tender. (You can peel them before or after.) After they cool slightly, cut them into medium, uneven chunks.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and salt until the dressing becomes thick and creamy.
- While the potatoes are still warm, combine them with the red onions and olives and coat the salad with the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad