If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love figs and use them very often from the beginning of the season until the very end. I love Frangipane as well and thought the two would go nicely together; I was right! - ChezUs
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, organic
- 2 eggs, organic, cage free
- 1 your favorite pate sable
- 1 pint of figs, cut in half
- I use a Dorie Greenspan recipe for the Pate Sable, using a rectangle tart pan and following her instructions for baking. Preheat oven to 375.
- In a food processor combine the almonds and sugar, pulse until coarse. With the processor running, add the butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Add the extract and the eggs with the food processor on until mixed.
- Pour into a pre-baked tart pan and smooth the top. Lay the cut figs in the pattern of your choice, on top of the Frangipane.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before removing the tart from the baking pan.
- Serve. Eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fruit Tart
Don't let those cracks in your cheesecake get you down.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Herb rubs, fresh and dried.