Author Notes: This is a great summertime appetizer but can be enjoyed anytime of the year. Even my kids love it! - MelissaLeinart
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- 1 dash Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Loaf of Italian Bread
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 piece Garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 fresh tomato
- Slice Mozarella into 1/4 inch slices
- Place 1 bunch fresh basil, dash of ground black pepper and 1 piece of garlic, smashed and chopped and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Slice the Italian bread into 1 inch pieces, spread softened butter on each piece of bread and bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until toasted.
- Apply slices of mozzarella on the pieces of bread.
- Slice tomato and place one slice on each piece of bread.
- Drizzle the top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle black pepper over the top. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella