If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fun, edible way to decorate your plate or table; I like to skewer and grill zucchini - ribbon style and sometimes with cherry tomato. Before serving, a sprinkle of herbs, a drizzle of vinaigrette or olive oil adds a great finishing touch, the flavor possibilities are endless. These zucchini ribbons are great served raw, too, but I prefer them grilled. Tip: using a vegetable grilling pan for these or placed on foil makes them easier to handle.
Serves as many as you planned for
- ITEMS NEEDED
- Small to medium size zucchini
- Vegetable peeler
- Wooden skewers
- Herb(s) and flavorings of your choice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray (or cooking spray)
- Wash and chop off the ends of the zucchini.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel strips lengthwise. Turn as you reach the seeds. Discard the core.
- Skewer the strips ribbon style, refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Grill them over indirect heat, they won't take long so stay close by.
- Before plating, season the ribbons with herb(s) of your choice and lightly spritz with a vinaigrette or olive oil - flavors are endless and up to you.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Note: Using a vegetable grill pan or placed on foil works wonders because the ribbons like falling through the grill!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.