Author Notes: I like to skewer zucchini ribbon style and serve as a side, either grilled or raw. Before serving, a sprinkle of herbs, drizzle of vinaigrette or olive oil, optional - skewer with cherry tomatoes. Anyway it is a fun edible way to decorate your plate; the flavor possibilities are endless! Note: for grilling, I prefer using a vegetable grilling pan.
Serves as many as you planned for
- ITEMS NEEDED
- Small to medium size zucchini
- Vegetable peeler
- Wooden skewers
- Herb(s) and flavorings of your choice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray (or cooking spray)
- Wash and chop off the ends of the zucchini.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel strips lengthwise. Turn as you reach the seeds. Discard the core.
- Skewer ribbon style, refrigerate until ready to plate.
- Right before serving, season the ribbons with herb(s) of your choice and lightly spritz with vinegar & olive oil - flavors up to you.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Grilling note: Using a vegetable grill pan or placed on foil works wonders because the ribbons like falling through the grill.