If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on the classic egg-in-a-hole. Instead of a toast, you've got a runny egg in a kabocha-eggplant pancake! - burp_excuzme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 eggplant, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- dashes Mexican Chili Powder
- dashes cumin powder
- drops Tabasco
- pinches salt and pepper
- 1 cup kabocha, pureed
- 2 eggs
- handfuls Parmesan cheese
- First heat up the oil in a pan. Toss in the eggplant and onion and garlic, sautee over medium heat until soft and mashable. Season with spice, Tabasco, and seasonings to taste.
- Put the eggplant-onion mixture into a large bowl with the kabocha.
- Mix and mash in 1 egg, and enough flour/cornmeal to make a mixture dry enough to form with hands.
- Take about a cup worth of batter and flatten it out onto an greased frying pan. Make a hole in the middle and crack the other egg into it. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Heat it up on top of a medium-heat stove until the bottom is set, then pop it into a 300 degree Fahrenheit oven until the egg white is opaque and cooked through. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.