If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you love Beef Wellington, but don't want to commit to the time and expense, you'll love this burger! So live a little! - nannydeb
- vegetable oil for brushing the grilling racks
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 6 ounces white or crimini mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (whatever you're drinking at the time)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 ounce store bought pate (or use aargersi's recipe here on food52)
- 6 freshly baked croissants, cut in half lengthwise
- Dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh watercress, rinsed and dried
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat and oil the grilling racks.
- Combine mushrooms, shallots, white wine, garlic cloves, salt and pepper in a food processor. Jog-blend about 30 seconds or until pureed.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a large bowl and add the ground chuck. Mix until blended, but don't handle the meat too much (it'll make the patties tough).
- Form 6 oblong or oval shaped patties (so that later they fit the croissants!)
- Place the patties over direct heat and grill them 5-7 minutes, turning only once.
- While the patties are cooking, grill the asparagus for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until slightly charred. Set aside.
- Towards the end of cooking, place the croissants on the grill to toast a bit too.
- To assemble your masterpiece, spread dijon mustard on the bottom of the toasted croissant and spread a generous amount of pate on the top.
- Place a patty on each bottom bun, add a couple of asparagus and a handful of watercress.
- Add the top of the croissant and dig in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.