If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got to the farmer's market a little late in the day last Saturday and all that was left were overripe tomatoes. They were terrible on their own, so I threw together this simple little summer sauce which makes the most out of them, but is perfectly delicious with ripe tomatoes too. I'm giving you proportions for one but please double, triple, or quadruple according to need. This is too good to eat by yourself. - Giulia Melucci
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 shallot chopped (mine are big, if yours are small use one)
- 1 medium ripe tomato, skins, seeds, juice and all (It's summer for God's sake!) chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 handful of torn basil leaves
- 4 ounces spaghettini
- 1 tablespoon pinenuts, toasted
- Parmigiano cheese
- While pasta water is coming to a boil, melt the butter over medium heat. Add shallot, saute until translucent, about one minute. Add tomato, salt, white wine, basil, lower heat and simmer until pasta is ready. Combine the sauce and the pasta, add the pine nuts, sprinkle with cheese to your heart's content. Serve.