Author Notes: I love red meat, probably too much, so I am trying to go meatless at least 1-2 nights per week. I probably came across this recipe from my web reading, but can't remember where now, so I have tweaked it and made it my own! Its super easy and fast and can be thrown together in 5 mins. (I timed myself) from common items in your fridge and pantry. Hope you enjoy it. - GeorgeYan
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 can of garbonzo or chickpeas
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 bag of pre-washed spinach
- 1 teaspoon sirracha hot sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add garlic slices. Saute until golden.
- Add bag of spinach and cook until it starts to wilt.
- Add garbonzo beans with a 1/2 can of the reserved liquid and the chopped tomato. Cook until beans begin to soften. Season with salt and add sirracha.
- Serve with rice or on its own!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens