If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had one ripe Brandywine tomato left in the bowl last night, and wanted to add some spark to our dinner. The other ingredients are all "use what you've got." These were a winner! —ChefJune
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese (we love Comté, the French version of Gruyère)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- a few grinds of white pepper
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato, sliced crosswise into 4 slices
- Heat your broiler. Place a sheet of aluminum foil (shiny side down) on a baking sheet. Place the tomato slices on the sheet.
- Combine all the ingredients except the tomato slices in a bowl and mix well.
- Mound 1/4 of the topping on each tomato slice. Use the back of a spoon to press down and evenly spread the cheese mixture over the tomato.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat until the mixture is browned and bubbling (about 3 minutes). Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes