If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You may use any combination of chard, kale, or both. I created this for my family from local greens and used sunflowers for texture as my youngest child can't eat nuts. —Emily Franklin
- 3 tablespoons Olive OIl
- 1 1/2 pounds Chard and/or Kale, washed, trimmed and cut into smallish pieces
- dashes salt
- dashes pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- Heat oven to 400.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and add greens, dusting with salt and pepper as the greens wilt. Remove from heat after 3-5 minnutes and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix egg, cheese, and flour. Add vinegar and stir.
- Add greens and sunflower seeds to egg mixture and combine well.
- Grease a springform pan (8 or 9 inch) or a tart pan.
- Spread the mixture into the pan, pressing down firmly and making sure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until egg is set and cheese is melted. Let pan sit for a couple of minutes before removing springform ring. Cut into slices and serve warm or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.