Author Notes: This is my go-to cauliflower recipe. It is so good, I never worry if guests will eat “eeewwww, cauliflower?!” I came up with it when planning an Indian-esque dinner and was trying to make space on the stove top. I was inspired to add vinegar by the "Your Best Broccoli" runner-up. (I love that recipe!) My Roasted Curried Cauliflower was an instant classic! - wanderash - wanderash
Food52 Review: Don't let the ease of this dish fool you. It's simple to prepare, but its flavor is anything but. The combination of the curry, smoked paprika and tomato paste with the vinaigrette provides a rich, full flavor and the combination of the garbanzo beans and cauliflower provides for a very satisfying meal. This would be a delicious meatless meal with some rice and/or roti. Served as a side dish, it would provide a delicious complement to say, salmon or chicken, for as many as 4 people. We will definitely be making this regularly. I reduced the amount of olive oil slightly (and reduced the vinegar in proportion as well but kept all the spices and seasonings the same), and it still had plenty of oil to help crisp the cauliflower in the oven. Delicious! – healthierkitchen - A&M
- 1 medium cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 white onion, large dice
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon double-concentrated tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put cauliflower florets, onion and chickpeas in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, tomato paste, curry powder, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer onto a sheet pan.
- Roast vegetables until tender and roasty-toasty, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Taste vegetables and add salt if needed.Mix in fresh cilantro and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe