If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy, crispy, and crunchy - a delicious, easy, and very fresh-tasting combo. —erinmcdowell
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 2-3 shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a small saute pan, heat about 1 inch of oil over medium heat. When it is very hot, add the shallots and fry, tossing occasionally, until evenly golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the shallots and drain on absorbent paper towels. Season with salt. Let cool to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a large wok. Add the green beans and stir-fry until they are tender-crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir-fry until the garlic is fragrant, 1-2 minutes more. Season with salt and serve with the crispy shallots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.