If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy, crispy, and crunchy - a delicious, easy, and very fresh-tasting combo. - erinmcdowell
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 2-3 shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a small saute pan, heat about 1 inch of oil over medium heat. When it is very hot, add the shallots and fry, tossing occasionally, until evenly golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the shallots and drain on absorbent paper towels. Season with salt. Let cool to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a large wok. Add the green beans and stir-fry until they are tender-crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir-fry until the garlic is fragrant, 1-2 minutes more. Season with salt and serve with the crispy shallots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.