Author Notes: The Berliner Weisse sometimes is served with a shot of Waldmeister, a sweet woodruff flavored syrup for drinks. The drink is a lovely shade of green. I used to walk through the Grunewald in Berlin to a docked ship called the Alte Liebe and have lunch for one of these during a year I lived there. Alternatively, you could get a shot of raspberry instead, but I am partial to the woodruff.
- 4 Berliner Weisser, (12 oz. bottles)
- 4 shots of Waldmeister (1 or 1.5 oz, to taste)
- 4 straws
- Slowly pour the beer into a large beer glass preferably one that has a raised rounded bowl.
- Pour each shot into the glass and serve with straws. Prost!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe