Author Notes: During the holidays, this dish has become a classic. With all the flavors of the more dominant dishes, this recipe is simple and elegant. Based on the french classic combining peas and lettuce, this take combines peas, spinach and shallots for a bright and beautiful side dish on your holiday table. - ashleypiersonchasesdinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small shallots- sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves- sliced thin
- 2 1/2 cups fresh peas or one 14 oz. bag frozen peas ( not thawed)
- 1/8 cup water
- 9 ounces bag of fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until soft about 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas and water. Cover and cook until peas are soft about 7 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Cover, cook until spinach is wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take off burner. Transfer to serving dish, and add salt, pepper and butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side