If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My recipe evolves depending on what I have on hand, but it usually involves onions of some type. My favorite are shallots but green onions work well too, as well as red, yellow or white. Any green vegetable will also work like shaved brussels sprouts, broccoli, or asparagus. I love and adore goat cheese but meunster, swiss, or your favorite will work as well. —Chef Sharon
- 9' Seasoned Iron Skillet
- 1 tablespoon Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, press water out
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Penzeys Mural of Flavor
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On medium heat add the olive oil to the seasoned iron skillet. Once it is shimmering in the pan add the shallots and cook about 10 minutes and then put a lid on the pan for another 10 to 15 minutes. The onions are ready when they are richly browned. Add the spinach, cherry tomatoes, and Mural of flavor. Cook until spinach is cooked down and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the vegetables are cooked down and ready spread them out evenly in the pan, especially the tomatoes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over the cooked vegetables.
- Put the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl and whip them by hand with a whisk for at least 3 to 4 minutes. This may seem excessive but it will result in a wonderfully fluffy frittata. Add the parsley and whisk to incorporate well. Whisk until your eggs are frothy. Pour over the vegetable and cheese mixture in the iron skillet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the eggs are fully set and fluffy. Let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast