If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serving a complete breakfast in a single dish makes it feel like a little present, complete with tasty, unexpected morsels buried beneath creamy, just-cooked eggs. They're also remarkably easy to make, which is a good thing right about now. - theyearinfood
- 8 large eggs
- 1.5 cups diced leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 1.5 cups chopped arugula, plus a little extra for garnish
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cup grated Manchego cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 8-ounce ramekins or oven-safe bowls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Warm a saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the oil or butter. When hot, add the leeks and saute until just soft, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off, but keep the leeks in the pan. Add the arugula and stir, allowing the greens to wilt.
- Grease the four ramekins. Divide the leek/arugula mixture evenly between them.
- Do the same with the salmon, adding about one ounce to each container in a thin layer over the greens.
- Next, divide the manchego amongst the four, also in a thin layer, over the salmon.
- Carefully crack two eggs into each ramekin, taking care to not break the yolk.
- Atop the eggs, sprinkle a touch more Manchego and finish with a few twists of the pepper mill.
- Place the ramekins on a shallow baking sheet and bake until the whites have set, about 12-15 minutes.
- When they are ready, let them rest for a couple minutes- they'll be too hot to eat immediately!
- Garnish with a little more chopped arugula and serve.
- Note: because the Manchego and the smoked salmon are both salty, err on the side of caution when adding salt. It may not need much at all!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.