Author Notes: This salad represent a New Year blessing for as many good wishes for the up coming year as the number of the seeds in a pomegranate. You should have pretty good year after eating this salad since it is not only very tasty, sweet and sour, but also pretty healthy. Not your usual appetizer salad. - Cordeliah
Serves 10-12 as appetizer
- 2 cups medium course burglar
- 5 dates cut into small pieces
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 3/4 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup small red onion
- 1/2 cup pine nuts roasted lightly in a dry pan
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate concentration
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & pepper
- Submerge the burglar in a lot of hot tap water for an hour or so, until soft but not mushy.
- Drain well.
- Put in a bowl and add all other ingredients except for the pine nuts.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well and pour on the burglar mixture and mix well.
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour and even over night.
- Add the pine nuts just before serving, so they won't become soggy.
- Optional: add thinly cut mint leaves from bout 3-4 springs