If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this recipe because many of the ingredients can be found at the farmers' market in the dead of winter, so you can still have a delicious and tasty local salad. -by at the farmers market - at the farmer's market —at the farmers market
Food52 Review: At the farmers market's salad is an interesting mix of peppery greens with a spicy dressing. The cream gives the salad a richness and the slivers of apples give it a sweet twist. The smoked trout is a fantastic addition. You'll be digging for more bites of the smokey chunks. —Stephanie Bourgeois
For the Salad
- 1 Whole Smoked Trout
- 1/2 Head Frisee
- 1/2 bunch Watercress
- 1/2 Bulb Fresh Fennel
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Apple - peeled, cored and julienned
- 1/4 cup Fresh Dill - chopped
- 1 dash Fresh Black Pepper
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Prepared Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Dill
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- In a large salad bowl, break the smoked trout into small pieces, discarding any bones.
- Tear the frisee and watercress into small pieces and add that the bowl.
- Shave the fennel and shallots into fine slices and add them to the bowl. Add the apple, fresh dill and several grinds of black pepper.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients into a jar. Cover and shake vigorously. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to distribute.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Recipe of the Day
Strawberries and champagne are meant to be
Recipe of the Day
Free shipping, this weekend only!
The freedom to snack.
Savor the season.