If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Toward the end of the summer, the CSA allots everyone with 10 lbs. of apples. It's difficult to find red apple recipes, because their sugar content makes them better for apple sauce. Also, our apartment doesn't have an air conditioner, thus the oven isn't turned on for baking apple desserts. However, this summer, besides making apple sauce, I loved tossing them in salads. Of course, a few were given away to friends. - SanuraJamila
Serves 4 to 6 people as a side dish
- 4 to 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese; roughly chopped
- 1 pound baby green or bitter salad leaves
- 1/8 to 1/4 cups toasted pine nuts
- 2 to 3 Crisp and fresh Macoun Apples; sliced
- 1 small red onion; thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 strips of duck or turkey bacon; fried to a crisp, roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 lemons; cut into quarters
- Olive oil
- Fig vinegar
- Salt and fresh black pepper; to taste
- Gently toss gorgonzola cheese, greens, pine nuts, apples, red onion, salt, fresh black pepper, and bacon in a large bowl.
- Allow guests to help themselves to their share of the salad, and drizzle their own ratio of olive oil, fig vinegar, salt, fresh black pepper, and juice from the lemon quarters.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples