If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is reminiscent of a risotto but made with using barley. It's delicious! - Foodie-isms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large shallots
- 1 chili pepper (medium heat range)
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 the zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Saute garlic, shallots, and chili in vegetable oil for about 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add barley, vegetable broth, and salt. Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes and then add the cream and lemon juice.
- Continue to simmer until for about 15 minutes or until the cream has become absorbed and you have a creamy constancy.
- Add lemon zest, sage, and cheese just before serving.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls