Author Notes: I made this recipe to use up some of the amazing homemade pancetta I learned to make while participating in the February CharcutePalooza challenge. Could easily substitute spring fare like fresh peas, artichokes, or asparagus. - The Whiskey Chicken
- 1/2 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 small cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 buttercup squash, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup pancetta, cubed
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken or beef stock
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until "al dente". Drain and toss w/olive oil.
- While pasta cooks, toss cauliflower and squash w/olive oil, salt and pepper on baking sheet and bake 20 min.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until browned. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until tender, about 5 min. Add garlic and cook for 30 sec. Add kale, toss, add stock. Cover.
- Toss pasta with vegetables, season with salt and pepper.
- Top with reserved pancetta.