If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is so very easy, and can be made ahead and reheated and tastes even better,. It goes especially well with turkey or chicken, and is festive enough for holday meals or easy ebough for weekday fare. - kristy49
- 1 pound peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 cups cubed peeled turnip, yellow type
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced or dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Butter for top and for greasing casserole
- Add turnips and carrots to boiling water seasoned with the one teaspoon salt and cook until soft.
- Drain all water and season with salt and pepper to taste, adding the 3 Tablespoons butter, allspice, and parsley.
- Pour into a buttered pyrex or baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and dot with butter on top.
- Cover and bake along with your chicken or turkey, which I cook at 350 degreees(but time can vary of you cook at higher or lower temp) and, after 30 minjtes remove the lid and brown for 15 more minues.This can be set aside for a couple hours on the counter or refrigerated for 1-2 days before baking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.