If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was looking for something to do with the carrots, the pounds of carrots, from my farm share and decided the best use of them would be in a cake. I had a new bundt cake pan, why not use that. So off to the internet I went and found a few recipes I liked. I have a tendency to play with recipes even before I try them, it feels like I am putting my own stamp on something. - jordan.scovel
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- zest from one medium sized lemon
- juice from that same lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, more if you feel daring
- 3 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (1/2 if you really like the flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups grated carrots (I used both red and yellow carrots - could have added another 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together the sugar and softened butter (leave the butter on the counter the morning you plan to make this) in a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, be sure to beat well after each egg.
- Add lemon zest and juice, and oil, mix well.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients, gradually incorporate into other bowl.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Grease your bundt pan, pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clear. I think I baked for 75 minutes, minimum.
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan, frosting should be poured on while cake is still warm.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered organic goats milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered milk, water, powdered sugar, cream of tartar and vanilla extract together until smooth and quite thick.
- This makes A LOT of frosting, you may want to pour half on and reassess. Pour frosting over warm cake and watch it drip down the sides. YUM.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve with a big glass of cold milk.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.