Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Proof that baking without gluten is possible -- and delicious.
For bakers and lovers of baked goods, finding out you have to go gluten-free can kind of feel like this. You deny it and eat a croissant (and subsequently double over in pain), get angry at your friends for suggesting pizza for dinner, bargain with the food gods for a lactose intolerance instead, lay on your couch all day sulking, and finally come to terms with the news. Once you've successfully moved through the five stages of grief, you're free to embark on a new journey in the kitchen: gluten-free baking. Pies, bread, pizza, cookies, and cakes are all still within reach! These links will show you how.
- A primer on gluten-free baking ingredients. (Epicurious.)
- A guide to all things (gluten-free) baking, complete with tips and recipes. (The Kitchn.)
- Watch: The science behind making the perfect gluten-free pizza. (America's Test Kitchen.)
- Learn how to convert your favorite baked good to be gluten-free. (Food52.)
- The easiest way to bake gluten-free? Make flourless desserts. (NPR.)
Gluten-free bakers -- share your secrets in the comments!