We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
All week long, you make sure to eat balanced breakfasts, to dutifully pack salads in jars for Not Sad Desk Lunches, and to cook plenty of meatless meals. But the weekend is upon us, and it's time to get a little crazy. We're talking BLT Bloody Marys, baked ziti with sausage, brown butter muffins, and peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks. Need more inspiration? Just read these links.
- These homemade asiago-herb hoagie rolls will take your sandwiches to the next level. (Girl Versus Dough.)
- And speaking of sandwiches, serve BLTs at brunch this weekend -- in the form of spicy Green BLT Bloody Marys. (Heather Christo.)
- These citrus muffins are packed with zucchini, which basically makes them a vegetable. (Pastry Affair.)
- For a different take on zucchini muffins, use brown butter and flavor them with ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg. (My Blue & White Kitchen.)
- Pour yourself a cold glass of milk and make these flourless peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. (Dinner with Julie.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) In Praise of Leftovers, Girl Versus Dough, Heather Christo, Edible Perspective
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Pastry Affair, My Blue & White Kitchen, Crepes of Wrath, Dinner with Julie
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!