Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Set it and forget it.
Fact: The slow cooker is every busy person's best friend. Amidst a busy week of work, school, meetings, and errands, your next meal sits on the counter, cooking itself. All that's needed is a minimal amount of prep, a flick of a switch, and patience. With a slow cooker, you can wake up to oatmeal, come home to beef stew, and serve hot mulled cider to guests at your next holiday party. Pull your slow cooker out from hiding, dust it off, and get cooking -- just read these links first!
- Use your slow cooker like a pro with these helpful tips. (Big Girls Small Kitchen.)
- Adapt your favorite recipes for the slow cooker. (Food52.)
- Make sure to avoid these five common slow cooker mistakes. (The Kitchn.)
- Slow cookers are not just for stews and braised meat -- here are 21 surprising things you can make in a slow cooker. (Buzzfeed.)
- For easier slow cooker clean-up, follow this one piece of advice. (Lifehacker.)
What are your favorite ways to use a slow cooker? Share them with us in the comments!