We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
Is winter getting the best of you? Do you dream of popsicles and caprese salads while slogging through snow on your commute? We feel your pain. And while we can't offer you the aforementioned summer foods, we can suggest making recipes packed with nutrient-rich ingredients -- like cauliflower, beets, citrus, and celery root -- that will give you the strength to power through the next few months. These recipes are a good place to start.
- Fuel up with this warm grain bowl, packed with roasted cauliflower and spicy chicken. (Two Red Bowls.)
- Channel the sun with this coconut-citrus smoothie. (Dolly and Oatmeal.)
- Combine crisp apple and celery root with horseradish and caraway for a crunchy, flavorful salad. (Happyolks.)
- Make this beautiful beet dip with goat cheese and hazelnuts the next time you entertain. (A Thought for Food.)
- Spread creamy avocado dip on pitas before layering with roasted vegetables for the best lunch ever. (Pinch of Yum.)
- Roast a big batch of vegetables, then put them in this hearty lasagna. (Dessert for Two.)
- Stew tomatoes and eggplants and serve over polenta for a comforting dinner. (Snixy Kitchen.)
- Speaking of comforting, purée cauliflower for this winter-friendly soup. (The Crepes of Wrath.)