We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
Use this first June weekend to explore unexpected textures and flavor pairings. Put charred and creamy side by side, fry an ingredient you usually wouldn’t, pick through your garden (or the your grocery’s flower buckets) for drink inspiration, or make root vegetables dessert. Check out the links below for all the inspiration you need to get started.
- Sweet sugar-snap peas get blistered and then arranged on a thick, tangy swirl of crème fraîche. (Not Without Salt.)
- Creamy avocado, yogurt, and eggs meet tender tomatoes and cucumbers. Add a pinch of za'atar and finish strong. (My Name is Yeh.)
- Coriander- and cumin-spiced carrots and lentils get a dollop of sweet coconut cream and a dusting of dukkah. (From the Kitchen.)
- Fried capers are crispy and salty and punchy and they just might become your newest go-to salad topper. (Dolly and Oatmeal.)
- Blend sweet-tart hibiscus with hot ginger for a bright soda syrup—and then add ice cream. (Snixy Kitchen.)
- Lilacs are edible! Grab a bunch before they're gone and turn the blossoms into a floral simple syrup for gussying up lemonade or yogurt. (Our Food Stories.)
- Purple sweet potatoes give this coconut pudding its deep color. (Fix Feast Flair.)
What food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!