Every Sunday, we round up our favorite food reads (podcasts, and videos) from the week, so you can sit back with that cup of coffee and settle in to catch up on what's happening in the world of food.
Today: A scientific way to discover your dream kitchen, a bagel manifesto, and a restaurant case study.
Here are 6 of our favorite things we read this week:
- As a general rule, New Yorkers take their bagels very seriously—here are a few key characteristcs of a good bagel. (Spoiler: They're hard to find on the West Coast). [Serious Eats]
- A definitive guide to Chicago hot dogs, Dodger Dogs, Chinese pigs in a blanket, and everything in between. [Laughing Squid]
- Thinking about redoing your kitchen? Don't forget to take a Myers-Briggs test to help guide the way. [The Kitchn]
- A beautiful visual timeline that follows the staff and guests at the Russian restaurant Kachka in Portland, Oregon. [Eater]
- Blue Bottle Coffee has big plans to expand its East Coast presence. [Gothamist]
- Live in New York? Here's what you should eat and drink at Smorgasburg in Brooklyn. [Thrillist]
Did you read anything worth sharing this week? Tell us in the comments below!
Photos by James Ransom