We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
This weekend from around the web: ho-hum favorites—banana bread, roast chicken, tomato soup, sangria—get funky.
- Somewhere between cream-of-tomato and gazpacho, this chilled soup gains warmth from cumin. (Fork and Flower.)
- This is no mild lentil salad. It's full of zucchini, avocados, and tamari-roasted pumpkin seeds. (In the Making by Belén.)
- Buy a whole chicken, paint it with butter before it goes into the oven, and serve with mustard when it comes out. (Orangette.)
- A cabbage slaw that loses the mayo in favor of a sweet, vinegary dressing. (Chinese Grandma.)
- Replace the tomatoes in your panzanella with cherries roasted in balsamic vinegar. (With Food and Love.)
- Mix sangria with bubbly prosecco for a summery cocktail that's the best of both worlds. (I Am a Food Blog.)
- Imagine what would happen if you crossed a blueberry crumble with cornbread and a honeyed bourbon tart. Good things, no? (F&B Department.)
- Banana bread aspires to this brown sugar-and-chocolate version. (Butter and Brioche.)
What food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!