What are Taylor Swift's songs really about? We decoded the clues.
"Stay, Stay, Stay," Taylor's love song to summer produce
If Taylor Swift is great at writing songs, she's even better at hiding what those songs are about—but she always leaves clues. Take, for example, all of the burgers after the Bad Blood wrap and her love of baking, and then there was this Ina Garten flag cake party. When she sang about lonely Starbucks lovers, we knew we'd cracked the code—they're all about food! Here's what Taylor's songs are really about:
- Are We Out of the Woods — Mushrooms. Or fiddleheads. No—definitely, mushrooms.
- Stay, Stay, Stay — Tomatoes!
- Back to December — When all we had was cabbage.
- Should've Said No — (To that last) tequila shot
- Blank Space — White pizza
- Never Grow Up — Peas, seeds, and/or baby carrots
- Dear John — Dear John-ny Cakes
- Sparks Fly — Crême brulée
- The Moment I Knew — Bad milk (It only takes a moment...)
Can you decode any of Swift's other songs? Tell us in the comments below!
Photo by James Ransom