If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
We're starting an advice column—and we need your questions.
Are you searching for food- and life-related answers that you're not going to get on Google? For example:
- I am committed to eating locally in [generic urban center], but whenever I go to my parents' house in [generic suburban neighborhood], there's corn in December and butternut squash in July. Am I a snob for urging them to think seasonally and buy from farmers markets? How can I eat the way I want without disrespecting them?
- I got invited to my friend's house for dinner this weekend. Her family is South Asian and I am pitiful when it comes to spicy food. What do I do?
- I'm in my mid-20s and trying to save money. My roommates and I often host potluck-style dinner parties at our apartment and most guests bring alcohol (and a few bring food). We want to try something new—providing the complete meal and asking people to contribute a few dollars. What's the best way to tell guests of our new plan?
- My son and his girlfriend are coming to visit and she often makes disparaging comments about the way we eat: how the food is prepared, its nutritional value, etc. He loves her, but I find her commentary—and complaints—unbearable. I still want to be a good host. How can I make her feel comfortable without giving in?
- HELP! I don't want to talk about beer anymore but all of my friends are obsessed with it. How can I redirect the conversation before I fall asleep?
Leave a comment below or email [email protected] (and specify if you'd like to remain anonymous).