If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Favorites from This Week (So Far) on Food52:
- Jollof rice is so beloved in West Africa that it has its own holiday. (And if that's not reason enough to make it, well...)
- It's Tomato Week here on Food52! So, of course, we had to mess with the perfect tomato sandwich.
- Would Italian food as we know it be the same without tomatoes? No way. Meet 10 of Italy's most iconic tomato dishes, illustrated.
- Your vanilla ice cream wants to be vanilla-sour cream ice cream. Or vanilla-buttermilk. Or vanilla-crème fraîche. Here's how to make its dreams come true.
- You don't need a giant piece of work—or a gallery-style setup—to fill a big blank wall. Little accents can make big statements, too.
What We're Reading Around the Web:
- Perhaps the dairy industry's answer to the bloody yet vegan Impossible Burger, "animal-free milk" is poised to hit markets in 2017. Will consumers go for it? [FoodNavigator-USA]
- Where the Democratic and Republican parties stand on food policies—like SNAP, GMOs, and environmental issues—laid out tidily. [The New Food Economy]
- The Duchess of Northumberland could have planted an herb garden—but she planted a poisonous garden, where all of the plants are lethal, instead. [Great Big Story]
- Where, oh where, did tiny beer bottles come from? (Psst—they're called "pony bottles"!) [PUNCH]
- What it's like to be a woman and a restaurant owner in South Sudan's largest refugee settlement. [Eater]
What are you reading right now? Tell us about it—and share a link if it has one—in the comments below.