If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
With thousands of vendors showing off their finest antiques and knick knacks, the Brimfield Antiques Fair doesn't need much more in the happening department. But we're gluttons! We planned a week's worth of added activities that will all take place at the Food52 Lawn Party (find us at sites 12, 13, and 14 in the Central Park fields).
When you're not haggling over an old Windsor chair or a tiny one-egg cast iron skillet from yore, come find us right in the middle of the fair, just south of Route 20. Here's what we'll have going on!
Every Day! (Tuesday through Sunday)
We're opening Tuesday and Wednesday at 6 A.M.—early is when all the action starts in the Central Park field and the best deals abound—and Thursday through Sunday at 8 A.M.
- Lawn Games: two Corn Hole courts, Life-Size Jenga, dominoes, and card games (maybe even croquet!).
- A Pop-Up Shop: We'll have over a hundred products in our makeshift market—and whatever you want to buy we'll ship right to your stoop for no added charge, so you don't need to carry it around all day.
- Vintage Camper: For your perusing pleasure, we're decking this out in our old-meets-new style.
- Build-Your-Own Survival Kit: We'll be real here: Brimfield is a total bonanza—you need to be prepared! But if you're not, no problem. We'll have a station with custom totes and all kinds of snacks and survival supplies (of your choosing) to stash inside it.
- A Map: Google around... It's tough to find a good Brimfield map! We've teamed up with illustrator Julia Barzizza to make a better map, with all the details about field openings you'll want to attend. Print it out and mark it up now, or pick one up from us when you come to the Lawn Party.
- 11 A.M. to 3 P.M.: Integrating Vintage Q&A Our Art Director Alexis Anthony will be sharing pointers for shopping a huge fair like Brimfield, and giving tips for integrating vintage into your kitchens and homes the Food52 way.
- 11 A.M. to 3 P.M.: DIY Knotted Rope Trivets We'll supply the materials for these amazingly fancy-looking DIY knotted trivets—the genius of our contributor Laura Kaesshaefer—and Food52's Home & Design Editor Amanda Sims will be showing off how to make them (knots are much easier to explain in person!). Attendees can take home the finished trivets.
- Meet Amanda + Merrill: Our founders are making the trip up to Brimfield and will be hanging around our lawn party all day Tuesday. Come say hey!
- 10 A.M. to Noon: Cold Brew Bar! One King's Lane is joining us to host a refreshments table—to put a pep in your step for a long day of treasure-hunting.
- 11 A.M. to 3 P.M.: Vintage Vessel Succulent Potting Our fearless (and plant-savvy) Associate Editor Caroline Lange will be sharing how to carefully repot your plants into repurposed vintage vessels. Bring your own thrifted planter from the Brimfield wilds if you've spotted one, and your burning questions about succulents.
- 11 A.M. to 3 P.M.: Prop Styling & iPhone Photography Workshop Led by the dream team of Kristen Miglore, our Creative Director, and Food52's Managing Editor Kenzi Wilbur, this event will be all about styling your newly thrifted vintage finds so that they look their prettiest in your pictures.
We're lucky to be partnering with the Brimfield Flea Finder app, who will be posting updates to the September show on their Facebook page. If you're heading to Brimfield, download their app to help you find us, all the fun things happening that are listed out above, and other vendors at the fair.
Are you as ready as we are? See you at the flea in Brimfield, M.A (don't worry—it takes over the whole town, so you can't miss it), this time next week! We'll be there Tuesday, September 6th to Sunday the 11th—here are all the details.