At Food52, our water cooler chat is of a different lilt. We’ll chat recipes or restaurants or debate the merits of the most recent cake to come out of the test kitchen. This week, however, there’s been a decidedly different brand of chatter buzzing through the office, because today, Nigella Lawson is paying us a visit. Yes, you read that right, the British cook and media personality will be in the building.
Yesterday she released her new cookbook, At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking, so today, she’s in our office to cook a recipe from its pages. And you—yes, you—can tune in on Facebook Live. Watching Nigella and our test kitchen chef, Josh, whip up a meal is as easy as the click of a button. No, literally. All you have to do is head here to catch the duo in action. The Facebook Live session will begin at 3 p.m.
She will be tucking into a speedy and succulent recipe for spicy lamb chops with a preserved lemon and mint sauce. Dinner tonight, anyone? Feel free to cook alongside them in real time, or reference the recipe below.
If you missed the broadcast, feel free to catch up here.
For the lamb
- 8 French-trimmed lamb rib chops
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes or kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
For the mint sauce
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 fat garlic clove, peeled and sliced into 3
- 2 small quartered preserved lemons, plus 2 tablespoons of juice from the jar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch leaves of your choice (I'm keen on pea shoots here)
Tune in to our Facebook Live at 3 p.m. EST here.