We've scoured the web, found our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
Part of the allure of cooking is the absolute freedom that comes with it. The blank slate, the room for improvising -- it’s thrilling. Getting creative and letting go of traditional food rules can lead to the discovery of brilliant flavor combinations, of new ideas -- and hopefully, of a new meal. This week, we’re loving these outside-of-the-box pairings.
- This shrimp and avocado salsa is the perfect party dish. Just add chips. (Smitten Kitchen.)
- A different way to use avocado, with peaches and green tea. (Choosing Raw.)
- Honey, lavender and figs come together in this simple dessert. (Delightful Crumb.)
- Traditional cinnamon rolls get a serious upgrade with nutella and espresso. (Pastry Affair.)
- It can’t get more refreshing than a watermelon and cucumber popsicle. (Shutterbean.)
- And, for good measure, a classic combination -- chocolate chips and banana -- that will never go out of style. (A Cup of Jo.)
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!
Photos on top by (clockwise) Homesick Texan, Smitten Kitchen, James Ransom, Delightful Crumb
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Pastry Affair, Shutterbean, A House in the Hills, A Cup of Jo