If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Elevate soup with homemade stock.
Making a big pot of soup is easily one of the most satisfying simple pleasures of winter. But using store-bought stock in a soup you've chopped and stirred ingredients for all afternoon seems like a missed opportunity. We suggest whipping up a batch of homemade stock -- enough to ensure you can freeze some for later use. (It's the best gift you can give to your future self!) These links will help.
- Watch: How to make stock. (Food52.)
- Skim fat and impurities off the top of your stock with these handy tricks. (Saveur.)
- If you're short on time, shred veggies before making your stock. (The Kitchn.)
- "A rough guide to liquid enlightenment." (Tasting Table.)
- The top ten tips for making great stock. (The Guardian.)
What do you want to read about next? Tell us in the comments!