🔕 🔔

Cookie Recipe rescue! Added too much melted chocolate to batter....

I read my chocolate chunk recipe wrong and accidentally melted down 24 oz of chocolate to put into the batter ( instead of 12 melted in and 12 stirred in). The batter is currently too soft bake- how do I go about salvaging this mix? I instinctively want to add more flour until the consistency looks right, but my flour mixture of course had other ingredients in it, and then there were eggs...
Help!

asked by Cookie16 almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I would make another batch minus the melted chocolate and combine. You cannot add just flour all the ingredients must be present in order for the cookie dough to work. I don't know which recipe you made but if it were me I would in essence double the recipe.

I received your answer a little late and did go with my instinct to try more flour. I was very skeptical and oddly, they were the hit of the 6 different cookies I made! They were sticky inside and kind of brownie like in consistency with a crispy exterior. Go figure.