🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce

A12460b4 9b59 4a14 86a9 849a71ba882e  img 2770

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce" from TasteFood. It says:

"Season the tenderloin all over with salt. Refrigerate 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Thirty minutes before roasting remove beef from refrigerator."

What kind of salt is best to use for this step?

asked by julie.lunt almost 6 years ago

I always use kosher salt..........It is what I have been using to season meat in my culinary career for 15+ years.... The salt granuals are larger and your able to see how much salt is on the product.