🔕 🔔

Menu with tourtière?

Planning Christmas Eve dinner and this year we"re making my in-laws' traditional québécois meat pie! What to serve with it? I was thinking a light soup, salad of tart greens, chutney, fruit dessert? Any suggestions in those categories or others appreciated! Note: this is the Chistmas of new baby and preschooler so can't quite go all out :) thanks all!

asked by JadeTree about 5 years ago

Sounds like a wonderful meal! I'd make an apple or pear crisp with toasted pecans in the topping, perhaps with a few cranberries or plumped up dried cherries thrown in for color and flavor contrast, served with ice cream and caramel sauce. ;o)

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

French folk normally serve a soup. With a tortierre I would suggest a light soup - perhaps chicken broth with some vegetable cubes. Salad with the meat pie and cheese for dessert.