🔕 🔔

I have a ton of Brussels sprouts that I'm worried won't keep until Christmas. Could I cook them in advance and freeze them or would that chan

asked by briecheese almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I just got a ton of vegetables in my CSA box yesterday including brussell sprouts, I cleaned, blanched and then froze them. In my opinion you can do that and they will be just fine. Your sentence got cut off so I don't know the rest of the question.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

You can cut the sprouts into strips and sauté with bacon bits in olive oil and butter. Cook 90 percent, freeze or store in a ziplock and reheat for the big meal.

Another super yummy option is to pickle them

You wouldn't have a recipe for that, would you?
:)

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055

No need for desperate measures as they keep very well. I just picked the last of them from the garden last week and I know they will be fine for Christmas dinner. Like cabbages, they hold well in a cold place.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Since we're only days from Christmas, I'm agreeing with others that they should be fine. No way would I could a Brussels sprout early, and if they're almost gone now...well, they'd be as good as gone in my book.