🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits

Dfe6cd02 7763 4892 b1f1 3d9972cd9fbb  food52 12 20 11 4851

I have a question about the recipe "Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits" from Genius Recipes.

asked by louisez over 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I baked these yesterday, using a substitution of 2 cups all-purpose flour + 2 3/4 tsp. baking powder + 1 tsp salt for the 2 cups self-rising flour (omitting the other salt called for in the recipe) and it worked out well -- then you can just make your normal adjustments for high-altitude baking (this is a handy guide, if you haven't seen it: http://www.kingarthurflour...).

I have made the touch of grace biscuits from S. Corriher's book and they are truly great. But I didn't see a question here. If it was in regard to a sub for Self Rising, use the link Kristen gave. Self rising flour isn't used much in the west and I never have it in the pantry, so I just add my own salt and leavener. For high alt, I don't have a clue but here is Kristen's link that will direct without error (hers had a trailing end-paren and period mark)

http://www.kingarthurflour...